Format: 8-week online course
Name: John Gonzalez, M.S./B.S. Materials Science and Engineering
So…you want to be an engineer? Careers in hardware engineering.
This course will review different career paths in hardware engineering, the academic pathways to get to these careers, and what life is really like as an engineer. The intent is to give real world examples how an engineering education will be put to use and the kinds of tasks that different kinds of hardware engineers do on a daily basis.
Taking or completed HS level pre-calculus; taking or completed HS level chemistry or physics
As a result of this course you will be able to:
- Identify multiple career paths in hardware engineering and what kind of professional life you will have
- Understand the different academic pathways to start an engineering career
- Understand how corporate America approaches internships and Co-ops
- Understand basic software tools commonly used in hardware engineering
- Understand if you will like the professional life you’ve built as an engineer or will only feel like you are trapped by “golden handcuffs”
- Understand different quality tools used in engineering
- Understand troubleshooting methods that are used in engineering
- Understand the cost of a hardware engineer and what kind of “work life balance” you can expect
None, just bring your brain
There will be book references but no required text books